Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ah Ma's "old eyes" wrinkle

Last weekend, it was raining heavily. Ah Ma sent us to phonics class. After Joel got into the car, I got into the back seat. Joel asked in a surprise tone "Mummy, you not driving? who is driving?" I told him Ah Ma is driving. He then asked "Ah Ma's old eyes can see or not? The rain's so heavy. I can see but can Ah Ma see?"

After Ah Ma's drove half way, Joel then commented "Ah Ma's old eyes can see, just like me!"

Another of Joel's comment on Ah Ma (my mum):
Last night, Ah Ma told me Joel look at her face then said to her in mandarin "Ah Ma, ni lao le (you are old already), got so many lines on your face". Then Ah Ma tell him " wo lao le, mei you yong le, shi ma?"(I am old already, no use already, right?) Ah Ma said that when she said this Joel was looking at the television, not listening properly so he just said 'shi"(yes). Ah Ma then repeat her question, this time Joel heard what she asked. He then "oh, no ni you yong la (you got use)." What use? Ah Ma asked. Joel said "you can wash clothes, cook food for me". Joel hope you will appreciate what Ah Ma has done for you!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home