The feeling of been abandoned
On 3 June 2006 (Saturday), we brought Joel to the Dinosaur exhibition. He liked the sand pit where children were allowed to "excavate" for "dinosaur's fossil" so much that he refused to come out. So i wandered away to look at the other exhibits myself, leaving his Daddy to wait for him.
I was at a distance away looking at some exhibits. After some tine, I kept hearing somewhere around, a boy was shouting "Mummy!, Mummy!, Daddy!" It suddenly occur to me that it was Joel's shouting. I quickly run towards the sand pit, to my horror, it really was Joel. I kept running while calling him and waving my hand. He did not see me. He has just made some more attempts to call then stop with teary eyes and was going to start crying. Then i reached him. He run to me and hug me tight, the scary feeling got to him and he let out crying and trembling. I told him don't be afraid, mummy won't just leave him. Then his Daddy appears. Daddy was also shocked to see Joel crying. His Daddy wasn't far from where Joel was but did not hear his shouting as he was concentrating hard on taking picture of one of the exhibit. Daddy apologised. Aplogising for not telling Joel that he was going to the side.
I asked Joel why he didn't see me waving and shouting. His answer was " I heard but cannot see, so i was very frightened!.
Daddy promised that the next time he walked away to look at other things, he will let Joel know first.
Joel, you are too precious to us, why would we "abandoned" you.
I was at a distance away looking at some exhibits. After some tine, I kept hearing somewhere around, a boy was shouting "Mummy!, Mummy!, Daddy!" It suddenly occur to me that it was Joel's shouting. I quickly run towards the sand pit, to my horror, it really was Joel. I kept running while calling him and waving my hand. He did not see me. He has just made some more attempts to call then stop with teary eyes and was going to start crying. Then i reached him. He run to me and hug me tight, the scary feeling got to him and he let out crying and trembling. I told him don't be afraid, mummy won't just leave him. Then his Daddy appears. Daddy was also shocked to see Joel crying. His Daddy wasn't far from where Joel was but did not hear his shouting as he was concentrating hard on taking picture of one of the exhibit. Daddy apologised. Aplogising for not telling Joel that he was going to the side.
I asked Joel why he didn't see me waving and shouting. His answer was " I heard but cannot see, so i was very frightened!.
Daddy promised that the next time he walked away to look at other things, he will let Joel know first.
Joel, you are too precious to us, why would we "abandoned" you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home