Injection at Bukit Timah Primary School 27 Jun 2007
All children in Singapore are being protected from certain infectious diseases through immunisation, that is injection! Well, i was trying to get Joel mentally prepared so i told him the procedure of the health check up by the School Health Services. I described the "pain" of the needle as "like ant bite". That evening after the injection, Joel suddenly called out to me from his room " Mummy, it's like bee sting not ant bite, it's painful!" Hee hee. I asked him whether he cried, he said no, just "ah ah ah when the nurse remove the needle. This morning, on the way to school, he said "My arm still hurt, i wonder why they didn't inject on the backside, backside has more flesh then it wouldn't hurt so much!" I guess all children are the same, you put them in a group, line up for the injection, even though everyone is afraid but since so many of their classmates are going through the same, noone will "dare to run and cry".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home